High-Profile 96-Well PCR Plates
Our high-profile PCR plates are compatible with the T100™, C1000 Touch™, and S1000™ Thermal Cyclers, deep-well blocks in the CFX96 Touch™ Real-Time PCR Detection System, and legacy Bio-Rad thermal cyclers and real-time PCR detection systems. Use the PCR Plastics Selector to determine individual plate compatibility with other instruments.
Several types of high-profile PCR plates are available to suit different needs:
- Hard-Shell® High-Profile Semi-Skirted 96-Well PCR Plates feature a patented* two-component design engineered to remain warp-free, ensuring precise positioning with automation, and have black lettering for easy identification. Hard-Shell Plates are compatible with heat, pressure, and adhesive sealing.
- Multiplate™ High-Profile Unskirted 96-Well PCR Plates are made of polypropylene for low protein binding and are easily cut with scissors if less than a whole plate is needed.
- iQ™ High-Profile Semi-Skirted 96-Well PCR Plates are optimized for iCycler iQ®, iQ™5, MyiQ™, and MyiQ™2 Real-Time PCR Detection Systems. The semi-skirt adds stiffness and a labeling surface. The plates are perforated every three columns for easy setup of triplicate reactions.
- Microseal® High-Profile Semi-Skirted 96-Well PCR Plates have raised edges around the plate; a pressure pad (ADR-5001) is required when sealing these plates with film for use in any Bio-Rad thermal cycler.
Features and Benefits of High-Profile PCR Plates
- Well heights are approximately 20.7 mm
- Plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA