Trans-Blot® Turbo™ Transfer System
The Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System is a high-performance western blotting transfer system designed to provide rapid transfers with high efficiency. The system enables blot transfer of protein in as little as 3 minutes without sacrificing performance when compared with traditional tank protein blotting. The Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer Packs include an optimized buffer, membrane, and filter paper combination that provides superior blot transfers when paired with the Trans-Blot Turbo blotting apparatus. Protein blotting consumables are available in a ready-to-use, pre-packaged stack or in bulk quantities that require assembly.
Features and Benefits of the Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System
- Rapid blot transfer — 3 min transfers of mini or midi gels
- High throughput — can transfer 1–4 mini or 1–2 midi gels in a single run
- Greater transfer efficiency — higher transfer efficiency than other protein blotting methods
- Flexible design — allows the user to customize transfer conditions and is compatible with traditional semi-dry consumables
- Environmentally friendly — environmentally safe consumables eliminate disposal cost
Applications and Uses of the Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System
This protein blotting system is a powerful tool in the western blotting workflow, enabling the visualization and identification of proteins for downstream analysis. The Trans-Blot Turbo transfer system can be used in the following applications:
- Western blotting
- Separation, transfer and analysis (V3 Western Workflow™)
- Protein blot transfers
- Evaluation of protein expression levels
- Immunological or biochemical analyses
- Protein-protein or protein-ligand interactions
Trans-Blot Turbo transfer packs come with either PVDF or nitrocellulose membranes:
- 1704156 – PVDF mini
- 1704157 – PVDF midi
- 1704158 – nitrocellulose mini
- 1704159 – nitrocellulose midi
- Select the Trans-Blot Turbo RTA transfer kit for a low-fluorescence membrane option.
Use Bio-Rad’s Precision Plus Protein™ WesternC™ Standards and Clarity™ Western ECL Substrate for chemiluminescence detection on both film and digital imagers. See how the Trans-Blot Turbo transfer system fits into the V3 Western Workflow™ to streamline your western blotting process.