The backing film allows showering and protects the wound from water and contamination. It also protects clothing and bedlinen from blood or exudate strike-through. Due to a highly absorbent pad and a high vapour permeability of the backing film, the dressing offers good total fluid handling. The polyacrylate adhesive is designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation. The easy-to-remove protection paper permits sterile application, as well as simplifies dressing application. The stability of the fabric/film laminate also supports ease of application.
Areas of use
Mepore Ultra can be used in a wide variety of wounds which have low to moderate exudate levels. These include surgical wounds, minor burns, cuts, and abrasions.
Benefits of Mepore Ultra
- Allows showering
- Low-adherent wound contact layer minimizes risk of adherence to the wound
- Protects wound from water and outside contamination
- Viral and bacterial barrier
- Optimised absorption capacity
- Easy-to-remove protection paper allows for convenient and aseptic application
- Breathable film
- Low friction to clothing and bedlinen
- Skin-friendly water-based adhesive
- Rounded corners for secure fixation