Metoject Pre-Filled Pen
The Metoject Pen is available in the following presentations:
- Metoject 7.5 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen
- Metoject 10 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen
- Metoject 15 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen
- Metoject 20 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen
- Metoject 25 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen
Features of the Metoject® Pen:
- Quick and easy to use
- 5 Second injection time
- Safety shield
- Metoject Pre-filled auto injection
Metoject® Homecare Service:
If you have been prescribed Metoject, the following services are available free of charge and is available nationwide:
- Nurse training on how to use the Metoject Pen will be arranged at your home at a time that is convenient to you.
- Your first sharps bin will be provided to you at your initial training
- Once your sharps bin is full of Metoject Pens, you will need to contact SRCL, our licensed contractor for the safe disposal of your sharps bin (this number will be visible on your sharps bin)
SRCL Contact Details:
- To contact SRCL, please phone: 01-456 5796
- Please note that only used Metoject Pens should be placed in the sharps bin
Metoject At Home Online Portal
Metoject® PEN Website allows for online referral of patients for Metoject® Homecare & Support Services. Metoject at home service is a “Free of Charge Service” that may include one or both of the following:
Metoject® PEN Nurse training: patients can avail of nurse training, in the convenience of their home, at a date/time that suits them
Sharps Waste Bin Service: A sharps waste disposal service to discard used Metoject® PENS. Replacement sharps bins are delivered to and from the patients’ home (carried out by our licensed contractor).
Metoject® PEN website allows “Patients” and “Prescribers” to access online training and resources specific to Metoject.
How to use: Metoject® Pen Instruction Video and visual Metoject® Pen Instruction Guide
Metoject®PEN: Frequently Asked Questions
Patient information leaflet
Summary of Product Characteristics
Travelling: Important information for when travelling with Metoject® Pen
For healthcare professionals wishing to refer patients to the Metoject at home programme, Fannin also offer an online portal. This portal allows healthcare professionals to quickly and easily refer patients via a secure online portal. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To download a copy of the Metoject Portal User Guide please click here.
The Metoject Homecare Service is available nationwide. This service provides expert training in subcutaneous self-administration of the Metoject® pen from our dedicated nursing team. Training can take place in the hospital, the patient’s home or at a designated health care facility. This is supported by our ‘Sharps Bin Waste Disposal Service’ to ensure the responsible disposal of used pens. For further information please click here or email email@example.com. Healthcare professionals can also refer patients, quickly and securely, for these services by using our new ‘Metoject At Home Online Portal’, follow our link to the portal click here. A step by step user guide is also available Metoject Portal User guide.
Metoject Instructional Video:
Metoject Solution for Injection Pre-Filled Pen is indicated for the treatment of:
- Active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients
- Severe recalcitrant disabling psoriasis, which is not adequately responsive to other forms of therapy such as phototherapy, PUVA, and retinoids, and severe psoriatic arthritis in adult patients
Method of Sale: POM
License Number: PA 0623/014/002 – 06
Metoject® is distributed in the Republic of Ireland by Fannin Ltd in partnership with Medac. (This link will take you to a non-Fannin Ltd. website. Fannin Ltd. does not recommend, endorse or accept liability for sites controlled by third-parties.)
For a copy of the SPC please Metoject SPC
License Holder: Medac, Gesellschaft für klinische Spezialpräparate mbH, Theatersrt. 6, 22880 Wedel, Germany
Additional information available on request.
Date of Preparation: December 2019
Please note that information on this digital platform is not intended as a substitute for consultation with your healthcare professional. Please consult your healthcare professional for further information.