Magnetic Pull-Cord Alarm
This simple alarm is easy to operate, allows a quick response and is reliable and economical too. It is designed to be used on chairs with the cord attached to patient’s clothes so that the alarm is activated when the cord is pulled as a result of the patient starting to stand. The pull string has a 25mm (1˝) diameter magnet on one end and a spring-loaded metal clip on the other. The alarm triggers and the red light illuminates when the magnet is pulled away from the alarm. A spring-loaded clip is included on the unit for easy attachment to a wheelchair.
- The alarm unit measures 127 × 51 × 32mm (5˝ × 2˝ × 1¼˝), making it small and discreet.
- Durable design – doesn’t need an expensive rubber protector. Passed drop test by independent lab simulating 500 drops.
- A volume adjustment switch inside the battery compartment can be set at high (105dB) or low (90dB).
- The included 9V battery has an extra secure fit. When the alarm is dropped, the battery does not fall out of the alarm and also, makes it more difficult for patients to disable the alarm.
- Red, low battery light flashes when battery is low.
- Tool free battery door
- The length of the pull cord can be adjusted up to 762mm (30˝) allowing flexibility on how far the patient is able to move before activating the alarm.