Portex® Blue Line Ultra® Tracheostomy Tube
Easy insertion and patient comfort
The high volume, low pressure Soft-Seal® cuff is intended to minimise patient trauma. Because of the cuff’s large volume, a larger surface area is in contact with the trachea. This allows the cuff to create an effective seal against the trachea at a lower pressure.
Blue Line Ultra® fenestrated tubes are available which help the weaning and vocalisation process. The tubes multiple fenestrations help reduce the risk of occlusion and prevent the suction catheter from passing through the fenestrated opening and entering the trachea.
Blue Line Ultra® kits include tracheostomy tube, two inner cannulae, cleaning brush and tracheostomy tube holder to provide secure positioning and minimise movement of the tube.
Cuffed Blue Line Ultra® Tracheostomy Tubes are intended to maintain patency of a patient’s airway and prevent aspiration:
- Clear flange allows clear visualisation of the patient’s stoma and underlying skin
- High volume, low pressure Soft Seal® cuff allows an effective seal to be created whilst reducing the risk of tracheal stenosis
- The 15mm connector on the tube, not inner cannula allows connection to the ventilator with or without the inner cannula for enhanced safety
- Hollow obturator allows new tubes to be fed over a guidewire to aid proper placement
- The obturator features special clip design to minimise tube tip movement during insertion which may lead to a more comfortable patient experience