Dexsol 2 mg/5 ml Oral Solution
- Endocrine exophthalmos.
Dexamethasone may be used in the treatment of non-endocrine corticosteroid responsive conditions including:
- Allergy and anaphylaxis: Anaphylaxis.
- Arteritis collagenosis: Polymyalgia rheumatica, polyarteritis nodosa.
- Haematological disorders: Haemolytic anaemia (also auto immune), leukaemia, myeloma, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, reticulolymphoproliferative disorders (see also under oncological disorders).
- Gastroenterological disorders: For treatment during the critical stage in: ulcerative colitis (rectal only); regional enteritis (Crohn’s disease), certain forms of hepatitis.
- Muscular disorders: Polymyositis.
- Neurological disorders: Raised intra-cranial pressure secondary to cerebral tumours, acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis.
- Ocular disorders: Anterior and posterior uveitis, optic neuritis, chorioretinitis, iridocyclitis, temporal arteritis, orbital pseudotumour.
- Renal disorders: Nephrotic syndrome
- Pulmonary disorders: Chronic bronchial asthma, aspiration pneumonitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sarcoidosis, allergic pulmonary disease such as farmer’s and pigeon breeder’s lung, Löffler’s syndrome, cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis.
- Rheumatic disorders: some cases or specific forms (Felty’s syndrome, Sjörgen’s syndrome) of rheumatoid arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, acute rheumatism, lupus erythematosus disseminatus, temporal arteritis (polymyalgia rheumatica).
- Skin disorders: Pemphigus vulgaris, bullous pemphigoid, erythrodermas, serious forms of erythema multiformen (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), mycosis fungoides, bullous dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Oncological Disorders: lymphatic leukaemia, especially acute forms, malignant lymphoma (Hodgkin’s disease, non- Hodgkin’s lymphoma), metastasized breast cancer, hypercalcaemia as a result of bone metastasis or Kahler’s disease, Kahler’s disease.
- Various: intense allergic reactions; as immunosuppressant in organ transplantation; as an adjuvant in the prevention of nausea and vomiting and in the treatment of cancer with oncolytics that have a serious emetic effect.
- Childhood Croup: Heterogeneous group of illnesses affecting the larynx, trachea and bronchi. Laryngotracheitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, laryngotracheobronchopneumonitis and spasmodic croup are included in the croup syndrome
The active ingredient is Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate.
This product is currently available in the following presentation:
- 2mg/5ml oral solution available in a 150ml bottle.
Dexsol is distributed in the Republic of Ireland by Fannin Ltd in partnership with Rosemont Pharmaceuticals (This link will take you to a non-Fannin Ltd. website. Fannin Ltd. does not recommend, endorse or accept liability for sites controlled by third-parties.)
For a copy of the SPC click here.
Method of Sale: POM
PA Number: PA0312/009/001
MAH Holder: Rosemont Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Rosemont House Yorkdale Industrial Park Braithwaite Street Leeds LS11 9XE England
Additional information available on request.
Date of preparation: July 2018