Privigen 100 mg/ml solution for infusion
Privigen 100mg/ml Solution for Infusion, Human Normal Immunoglobulin is indicated for:
- Primary immunodeficiency (PID) syndromes with impaired antibody production (see section 4.4 of the SPC).
- Hypogammaglobulinaemia and recurrent bacterial infections in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, in whom prophylactic antibiotics have failed.
- Hypogammaglobulinaemia and recurrent bacterial infections in plateau phase multiple myeloma patients who have failed to respond to pneumococcal immunisation.
- Hypogammaglobulinaemia in patients after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
- Congenital AIDS with recurrent bacterial infections.
Immunomodulation in adults, and children and adolescents (0-18 years) in:
- Primary immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), in patients at high risk of bleeding or prior to surgery to correct the platelet count.
- Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Kawasaki disease.
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP). Only limited experience is available of use of intravenous immunoglobulins in children with CIDP.
The active ingredient is human normal immunoglobulin.
Privigen is available in the following presentations:
- 2.5g in 25ml vial
- 5g in 50ml vial
- 10g in 100ml vial
- 20g in 200ml vial
Privigen is distributed in Ireland by Fannin Ltd in partnership with CSL Behring. (This link will take you to a non-Fannin website. Fannin Ltd does not recommend, endorse or accept liability for sites controlled by third-parties).
Method of Sale: POM
License Number: EU/1/08/446/001-004
MAH Holder: CSL Behring GmbH, Emil-von-Behring-Strasse 76, D-35041 Marburg, Germany
Additional information available on request.
Date of Preparation: July 2018