Thermovent® T – Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME)
Heat and Moisture Exchanger’s (HME) are used in mechanically ventilated and laryngectomy patients to heat and moisturize the air and help prevent complications that arise when patients lose the ability to breathe through their nose and upper airway.
The Thermovent® T is a Heat & Moisture Exchanger (HME) captures heat and moisture on expiration and returns it to the patient in inspiration. It is suitable for spontaneously breathing patients with a tracheostomy tube.
- Low profile design. Ensures maximum comfort and minimal protrusion.
- High performance, double paper element. An efficient heat and moisture exchanger to warm and humidify inspired air, reducing the risk of tube blockage from encrustations, with minimal resistance to flow.
- Minimises the drag on the tracheostomy tube.
- Easily accomodates Thermovent 02 (100/575).
- Convenient oxygen delivery.
- Full compatibility with breathing systems.